Saturday, May 19, 2012

Newest/Oldest Post

     If you aren't my Mom, you probably got here through a link on the end of one of my Cracked.com articles. If you are my Mom, hi Mom. Anyway, if you did get here through Cracked, you almost certainly have an inflated view of what I can do based on how great their editorial staff is, and since this is a writing blog you are hoping to learn something.

     One quick note: I'm probably not thoroughly qualified to teach you how to write. Actually, I'm not qualified to teach you to do anything, including writing, unless you want to know how to catch thrown food in your mouth like a seagull(protip: point at the food with your chin.). What I am qualified to do is make a lot of mistakes in a fairly short amount of time, and since I'm trying to become grand champion of the fast-paced world of internet content writing, I figured my mistakes might be good brain-feed for the masses. If not, it could still be entertaining to watch me flail around.

     My basic goal is this: if possible, I'd like to get to a point where I can make basic survival type levels of cash off of writing, no matter what kind of writing that is. What this blog will focus on is various attempts at doing that, as well as an overarching attempt to become a passable writer in the meantime. My secondary goal is to have something productive to point to when I want to stay up late and watch cartoons, and I thank you in advance for facilitating my lies. Stick around, it may end up being fun.


-Elijah

No comments:

Post a Comment